Important Information Regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
March 18, 2020 Update
We have made the decision to temporarily close our lobby beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 until further notice. As always, we are committed to providing you with the service you deserve. While the lobby is closed, you can continue to use the drive up Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm and Saturday 8:30 am - 11:30 am. If you are unable to complete your business online, please feel free to contact us at 800-249-3340 or 262-3340 to make an appointment with the appropriate staff.
We are strongly encouraging all of our customers to leverage our Farmers Bank Mobile and Online Banking. We recommend you utilize your Farmers Bank debit card rather than cash. The World Health Organization is encouraging the use of digital payment options because the COVID-19 virus can survive on hard surfaces like coins for days.
Together we can help protect our community in the spread of this disease.
March 16, 2020
Farmers Bank is closely monitoring the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. We want to assure our customers that we’re prepared for a variety of emergency situations and we’re ready for a wide range of circumstances related to this situation. While the spread of COVID-19 is creating volatility for national and global markets, we are committed to remaining steadfast for our local communities. We are taking steps to ensure a continuation of service for our customers, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees.
What You Can Do
- We strongly encourage you to leverage our Farmers Bank Mobile Banking and Online Banking for the convenience of banking anytime and anywhere without having to travel to the bank to make deposits, payments, or transfers.
- Enroll in Online Banking
- Download Mobile Banking
- If you don’t have online/mobile banking, please complete a short enrollment form.
- If you have any questions regarding the use or installing of Online or Mobile Banking our staff is prepared to help you, simply call us at 712.262.3340 or 800.249.3340, M-F from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm CST.
- Utilize your Farmers Bank debit card rather than cash. The World Health Organization is encouraging the use of digital payment options because the COVID-19 virus can survive on hard surfaces like coins for days.
- Be wary of criminals who prey on crisis situations to defraud others. Stay on the lookout for suspicious price gouging, phishing attacks, fake websites, etc. This American Banker article outlines some tactics these criminals use to exploit vulnerabilities associated with public uncertainty.
- Follow the CDC's recommended daily preventive actions to help limit the spread of respiratory diseases.
- Contact our customer experience team at 800.249.3340 or call 712.262.3340 if you have questions about your accounts or need assistance. We are here for you and will continue to deliver the great service you expect and deserve.
What We’re Doing
At Farmers Bank, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority, so we’re taking the following proactive steps. We will continue to evaluate additional measures as needed.
- Promoting employee awareness by communicating the risks of a pandemic outbreak and discussing the steps employees can take to reduce the likelihood of contracting the illness.
- Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
- Encouraging employees who are ill, to stay home.
- Providing sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer to staff while maintaining cleanliness measures at our offices.
- Monitoring impacts to financial markets.
Please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for the latest information on COVID-19.
We encourage you to check back here often for the latest updates regarding Farmers Bank precautionary measures.